FARGO ID CARD PRINTERS
Fargo ID Card Printers The FARGO line of smart card printers offers simple, dependable, and high-definition mass production smart card printing. Regardless of the smart cards your organization uses, HID Global has the right card printer for the job.
Fargo DTC1250e Card Printers
Fastest card printer in its category
Plug-and-play solution to print stunning edge-to-edge badges
Fargo DTC1500 ID Card Printers
Low-cost, high-capacity consumables
Fargo DTC4250e ID Card Printers
Robust ID card printers for superb credentials.
Loaded with security features for maximum card security
Fargo DTC4500e ID Card Printers
Versatile card printer built for robust, high-volume printing
Ultra-secure with standard printer password protection and fluorescent panel printing
Fargo HDP5000 ID Card Printers
Professional reverse transfer printer for high-definition color images
Tamper-proof HDP film for maximum security and card durability
Connectivity, lamination and smartcard encoding options.
Fargo DTC5500LMX ID Card Printers
Largest card patch coverage in the industry
First laminating card printer to be GreenCircle® Certified
Every machine has dual-side printing and dual-side lamination capability
Fargo HDP6600 ID Card Printers
Fargo HDP6600 ID Card Printers
Single or dual sided printing
Magnetic encoding option
Fargo HDP8500 Printers
The most reliable, high duty performance ID card printer in the industry.
High throughput credential personalization and issuance.
Especially suited for the high duty cycle requirements of large government ID card programs
- Why choose Fargo Printers?
- Fargo printers are easy to operate, dependable, and most have an easy upgrade path.
- Printing high-quality PVC/plastic cards
- Perfect for printing a basic ID badge or a multi-functional smart card.
- Fargo single-sided and dual-sided printers are available in the following configurations:
- The most prevalent type of printing is direct-to-card.
- The most adaptable printing method is retransfer printing.
FEATURES TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A ID CARD PRINTER
Fargo printers are designed to consistently produce high-quality badges. Consider the following distinctions between printers before selecting your printer:
- Direct-to-card printing vs. retransfer: Fargo offers direct-to-card printers but for over the edge printing, retransfer ID card printers are also available. Retransfer Fargo provide unmatched print quality, even on uneven surfaces (proximity cards, smart cards, or pre-punched cards).
- USB vs. Ethernet: card printers come with USB connection but if your printer will be on a network, don’t forget to select a printer with Ethernet connectivity.
- Windows vs. Mac: make sure that the printer that you select is compatible with the operating system that you use, especially if you are using a Mac.
- Basic vs. encoding options: if you need to print and encode data on magnetic or smart cards, opt for a card printer with the right encoder. All Fargo card printers offer optional encoding capabilities.
- Single vs. dual-sided lamination: some Fargo printers offer single or dual-sided lamination modules. Laminating your cards helps reduce the risk of counterfeiting and tampering while extending the lifespan of your cards.
WHAT KINDS OF LAMINATES DO FARGO PRINTERS OFFER?
Some Fargo card printers – DTC4500, HDP5000 and HDP8500 – are available with a lamination module to add an extra layer of protection to your printed cards.
Fargo printers can apply different types of laminates:
- Clear laminates: a clear protective layer of 0.6 or 1.0 mil is applied to your printed cards.
- Standard holographic laminates: choose laminates with holograms for added security as holograms are hard to duplicate.
- Custom holographic laminates: instead of opting for a standard hologram that another company may also use, go for your own custom design. This option guarantees maximum protection to your cards.
Overlays or patches might be laminates. While overlay laminates completely cover the surface of your cards, patch laminates just protect the edge of the card.